National Quiz Competition on Amateur Radio
30th December 2018 at 9:00 AM IST
Venue: Kalpana Chawla Hall - Main Block, REVA University
- Quiz competition is open to all the delegates of HAMFEST INDIA 2018 irrespective of whether call sign holders or SWLs.
- Each team consists of two (2) delegates either individuals or representatives of Ham clubs / Institutions.
- There will be 15 such teams allowed on “First come first served basis”.
- Questions will be on Amateur Radio Operating Practices, Basic Electronics/Electricity, Amateur Radio Satellite Tracking and Operations.
- All participants should report at 8.45am on 30th December 2018 at Kalpana Chawla Hall, Main Block, REVA University. Late comers will not be entertained.
- There would be minimum of 10 rounds. Questions will be posed in order starting from Team I, Team II, Team III and so on.
- Each question will carry 5 points. No negative points will be offered for wrong answers.
- Any question when unanswered or wrongly answered by one team will be passed on to the next team for answering but no points will be offered.
- No arguments will be entertained on either the validity of the question posted by the Quiz master or the answer uttered by any one team.
- The time duration for answering once the question is shot is 60 seconds only.
- When a tie between teams arise, additional questions will be asked to decide the winner.
- Three teams securing maximum points will be awarded memorable prizes. Others will receive HFI 2018 mementos and certificates.
- The panel will consist of the Quiz Master, the Scorer, the Judge and an Observer. Their decisions are final.
- The winners and the participants will be honored on the main dias at 2.30pm on 30th December 2018 by awarding prizes, mementos and certificates.
- Non participating delegates will be allowed before 8.45am on 30th Dec.2018 to witness the Quiz Competition.
a) Quiz Master: Mr. Subramani, VU2WMY Secretary, Upagraha Amateur Radio Club, VU2URC (ISRO)
b) Observer: Sri R.J.Marcus, VU2VTM Director (Training), IIH
c) Technical Judge: Dr.R.Subramanian, VU2RZA
d) Scorer: Mr.Sampath, VU3WLL
Interested participating delegates shall send Names, Callsigns, Delegate Numbers, Email Address, WhatsApp Numbers to
Dr.S.Sathyapal - VU2FI,
Hamfest India 2018
WhatsApp: +91 94483 02677
You are visitor #53476
© HAMFEST INDIA 2018
Hosted & Maintained by Indian Institute of Hams, Bengaluru